We’re confident that you eagerly devour every issue of The Wire, our e-newsletter send twice monthly, the minute it hits your inbox. (WHAT?!? You’re not subscribed? Well, let’s take care of that right now!)
However, in case you missed these stories the first time, we thought we’d compile a Top 10 highlight list from this year.
10. Monica Garcia and Kathy Kaufman joined Westchase District in February as Operations Assistant and Administrative assistant, respectively.
9. A mobile farmers market drew 2050+ workers at the Towers at Westchase offices.
8. Distinctive delicacies awaited hungry customers during four months of Food Truck Fridays at First Methodist Houston.
7. Workers submerged reef balls to encourage aquatic life in the water habitat along the District’s Library Loop Trail.
6. The first “mini mural” debuted as artwork began decorating District traffic signal control cabinets.
5. The first-ever Welcome Guide became available for residents and employees new to the District.
4. The Westchase District Community Fund added new board members and distributed nearly $12,000 in checks to Westchase-area nonprofits.
3. The annual summer food drive set an all-time record, topping 11,000 pounds of food for West Houston Families in need.
2. Westchase District celebrated its 20th anniversary by honoring 20 local businesses for their economic contributions to the area.
1. The Houston-Galveston Area Council awarded the District more than $19 million for transportation improvement projects.
We have big plans for 2016, so keep reading!